The European Dialogue and its partners are looking for participants in the new training called Media on Environment!
What the training will be about?
Media have an important role in modern societies being a main source of information for most citizens. The way of reporting and presentation of information can play an important role in the public sphere and influence political and social events, as well as shape public opinion. This is especially visible in case of topics that spark complex and sometimes polarised discussion. The environmental issues belong to this category. Moreover, it is often difficult to comprehensively understand all related topics, which can lead to higher proneness to manipulation and lower critical thinking about presented information and data.
First and foremost, a common and comprehensive understanding will be created on the topic of misinformation with a specific focus on the environmental topics in Europe and beyond. This is a crucial starting point for an efficient learning process and for producing coherent and valuable content. It is important to obtain a perspective on how the misinformation affects perception of the topics and what can be done better in terms of awareness raising and media production. It is crucial that the results will provide various examples of both good and bad practices in this regard.
You can find more infomation about context of the training on this webpage.
Who are we looking for?
- Young media makers and online content creators with an interest in environmental topics 18+ years old.
- The condition of the participation is active command of the English language.
The training will be attended by 17 participants from 8 countries: Slovakia, Austria, Germany, France, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Ukraine, and Armenia. (call is aslo open for other countries though)
When and where will the training take place?
7-days long training will take place from 29 May to 4 June 2022 (including two travel days) in the town of Trnava. The accommodation will be provided in cosy hotel Phoenix (hotelphoenix.sk), where also most of the programme will take place.
What will the participants gain?
- Insights into the topics of media literacy, data journalism, and environment, including its media coverage;
- Improved media literacy and critical thinking competences, in particular abilities to reveal misinformation, debunk it, and produce content that presents accurate information and is appealing to the audience;
- Knowledge of various sources of environmental data and how to present them to public;
- Ability to identify and report more quickly and comprehensively on acts of corruption taking place in the field of environment;
- Ability to use methods and tools that they can implement in their future work;
- Access to a trans-European network of young media makers and online content creators focused on environmental topics, who can collaborate and work together.
The participants will produce media pieces and contribute to elaboration of the Manual for media makers. The organising team, trainers and other professionals will provide guidance and support throughout the media production. The training will be followed by mentoring programme, during which the participants will further enhance their competences and produce new media.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to 75% of the total amount (max. 250 EUR). This amount covers travel from participant’s place of residents to Trnava; not applicable to Slovak participants. Visa costs can be fully covered.
The accommodation, lunches, and dinners are covered directly by the European Dialogue.
The project is financed by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.
Deadline for registration is 23.05.2022 at 00:00 SEČ.
If you are interested in participating, please send your CV and a short motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact via the above mentioned email address.